Dec 16, 2004

Not The Best Way To Start a Day

Wake up at 8:00am, a half hour extra sleep.
8:30, I'm sitting in a dentist chair.
8:45, my mouth is getting numb and there is a lot of stuff inmy mouth that isn't mine.
metal hardware type objects, fingers and drills and hoses.
2:00pm, I can finally feel my mouth again and drink coffee without spilling down my front side.
Plus smoking looks cool again.

I understand the dentist, I do similar things things to machinery. It doesn't even hurt, or what little pain there is I can tolerate. But I hate the damn sounds. Scraping and the whine of the drill. Not my happy place. (that's a whole other post...)

On the up side on my very first visit I told Dr. Dennis that if she asked me "Is it safe?", that I would slug her and leave the building screaming. She actually knew what I meant. Bonus points for being a well read dentist. The fact that seh's really good doesn't hurt either.

2 comments:

plasticdoc said...

Hi:, Just came across your blog. Intersting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again! I recently set up a new website just about San Diego dentists There are a lot of interesting dental articles. We will also feature Tijuana dentists If you have the time, please stop by and let us know how we can improve the site. Bob

born2-hate said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
In my spare time I will look for your cash advance chicago blog.