Apr 18, 2005

Doin Nuthin' - and doin' it well

This weekend consisted of my doing not much of anything. Ruth worked in the garden, I read comics. I read a whole lot of X-Men comics. X-Men dating back to the days when they only had 1 title on the stands, The Uncanny X-Men. Now of course there are about thirty seven diffrent x-titles out there for our consumption, but the originals are still classics. I picked up and started at about issuee 101 and read whatever I had up to about 400. Not being a collector anymore I have some gaps, but it was still very relaxing. I think Professer X died and came back about three times. Magneto also died and came back quite a bit. But I love X-Men comics. Wolverine in particular. I liked him back before he had his own comic.

The reason for this reading binge? Next weekend I do the layout onthe next Crimespree, so I need a clear head. And comics really cleanse my palet. Now I can jump in and finish off the few more books to review with a clear head and get to it.

No comments: