Aug 8, 2005

The West Wing

I never watched this show on network television. I came to it about a year ago in re-runs.

I really enjoy it. I don't always agree with the politics, but thats the way life is, and no matter what it always makes me think.

Good acting, some good comedy. All in all a pretty damn good show.

My problem is this.

Stockard Channing played a slutty girl in GREASE. That was the first time I ever saw her in anything and the image sits with me. I can't shake it. I see Mrs. Bartlett and I'm thinking Rizzo.

She's a great actress, the fault is all mine. Or who maybe whoever did the casting for GREASE.

GREASE is the word, it's time it's a motion.
And Mrs. Barlett is a slut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife got me the first season for my birthday, and I love this show. We are not half way through the second season, and I can't get her to watch it any faster.

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Todd,

Bravo had a marathon about two months ago. I watched the first three seasons back to back. I would go nuts having to wait.

When Ruth and I got I Claudius on DVD we watched disc one together, when she came home form work the next night, I was done. Of course then we watched them together anyway...

ruth the crimespree gal said...

HARUMP!!!
Rizzo is not a slut. Rizzo is a young woman not afraid to express her sexuality. The fact is, she only "goes all the way" in the name of love. Now loving Kinnikki? That raises some interesting pysch questions. But I'll point out that at the end of this play Sandy is trying to be more like Rizz and not the other way around...
I feel a C.D. about to be played...
"It's the worst thing I could do"....