Jan 12, 2006

Cornelia Read

Just who is this Cornelia Read?

Well, I know a few things.

I'm goddamned excited about reading her book. Hopefully we'll get an arc so I don't have to wait.

She's getting tons of buzz frome everywhere.

She's a very nice lady. I met her at Bouchercon in Chicago breifly and I like her.

She won't be seen wearing chicken monkey shoes.


Corelia Read has a website to help you get ready for what could be the best debut this bloody year

And let me say this. If you get a chance to see her at a convention or a conference or any 'ol book related shindig, buy her a drink and let some of her cool rub off on you. Trust me, Cornelia is good people.

So, come May, BUY A FIELD OF DARKNESS!!!!

2 comments:

Cornelia Read said...

Hey there, Jon,

Thank you so much for this very kind post. You and Ruth are yourselves way good people, and meeting you guys in Chicago was the main highlight of Bcon for me this year.

And Bill, I'm working on getting an excerpt posted to the website. Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it.

Gotta drive the kids to school(s)... will have a big goofy smile on my face this morning!

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Bill,

I'm assuning I'll like it based on what I hear from people who've read it. They have similar tastes and I trust their judgement.

Cornelia, Glad this made you smile.