Oct 22, 2008

Good-bye to a Lovely Lass



The mystery community began for me as an on-line concept. Keep in mind this was 15 years ago. Back in the day where if you really wanted to get to a chat room you began to dial in 30 minutes prior and hoped you not only got on but didn't get kicked off after getting there due to high volume, bad servers , or plain old fashioned technology temperment.

When I began to explore with my new toy I searched "mystery websites" and there it was.
CLUELASS.

What fun I had exploring , reading lists, mystery gatherings, other mystery links and the guest book. I e-mailed S. J. Rozan for the first time through the guest book, ditto Robert Crais. It was back in the days when there weren't a lot of us out there. Not many even had websites let alone, blogs, myspace, twitter or facebook.

CLUELASS was quite simply a web site with an interactive feel. Over the years it has remained so because of the love Kate has for Mystery. Much cleaner and easier to get to today, it has remained a go to tool for me through out the years and now....
It is disbanding, soon to be just a memory.... and I wanted to invite everyone who's never been to stop by and take a look around.

Thanks Kate, for everything you've done to bring the mystery community together and thanks for welcoming me in those many years ago. You will be missed.

Ruth

2 comments:

Ayo Onatade said...

I am really sad that this wonderful and excellent website is being disbanded. It has also been my first point of call when I have wanted to check whether or not my favourite authors have new books coming out and it has always been a mine of information for me. The Deadly Directory and the BloodStained Bookshelf are wonderful and very informative. As much as I understand Kate Derie's reasoning for her decision I for one will sorely miss this invaluable website. It's presence is a mainstay of the mystery community and I am sure that I am not the only one that is going to miss it terribly. I can only say thank you for 13 glorious years of support and priceless information to the mystery community.

MysterLynch said...

Kate's contributions have been invaluable. The site was a regular stop for me.

Best of luck to Kate, and thanks for a great site.