Feb 9, 2006

Love is Murder - What To Read part 1

I moderated a panel this last weekend at Love is Murder in which a grop of us were asked to recommend auhtors we felt were under read or just not notcied enough. This will beupdated as the other panelists get back to me.

Larry D. Sweazy is a reviewer and writer and his reccomendations are:
James Lee Burke
Dennis Lehane
Ken Bruen -- anything by
Sandra Scoppetone -- This Dame for Hire
Thomas H. Cook -- Red Leaves
John Burdett -- Bangkok 8

What Young Adult Books You Should Be Reading

List by Amy Alessio
Teen Coordinator, Schaumburg Twp. Dist. Library

The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson
Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Jude by Kate Morgenroth
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Monster by Walter Dean Myers
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
The Perfect Shot by Elaine Marie Alphin
Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher


I asked to the panelists to mention a few people they read that are more mainstream to give people and idea wher they are coming from. The panel was lots of fun with some great names mentioned. Due to time we each only got to mention a few, but w may be adding some we didn't have time for.

My list is as follows:
George C Chesbro
Walter Satterthwait
Denise Swanson
Sue Dunlop
Adam Hall
Pete Hautman
Max Allan Collins
Richard Barre

Of course on any given day I could probably rattle off a bunch more, but these are the people I wrote down for the panel.

More to come....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly would be nice if Mr. Barre would write another book! I want Wil Hardesty to return to the printed page!!!!!

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Richard Barre is one of my favorite writers. I'm with you. More Wil Hardesty!

Sandra Scoppettone said...

Call me crazy, but I find your list of mainstream writers puzzling. Unless you mean something I don't understand, by mainstream. Could you give a definition of that word, please?