May 10, 2006

Anthony Ballots

The Anthony Award Ballots arrived at our home today,

I'm not going to tell you who to nominate, but I would like to remind you that short stories from Crimespree can be nominated and I'll email them out on request to help with nominations. Including JS (jennifer)Jordan's Up The Neck.

Also on the ballot is Best Fan publication. hint hint....

Some great first books eligible this year including Harry Hunsicker, Jeff Shelby and Chris Grabbenstien.

The Special Service award is a fun category. I nominated Sarah.

Go Vote. And remeber, if you attended in Chicago last year you get to nominate this year even if you are not going.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Reed Coleman The James Deans? For novel or paperback original whatever category they have.

Anonymous said...

Best Fan Publication, you say? Gee whizzakers, that's going to be a really tough one. But, never fear, I'll think of somethin'... ;-D

Need to check my mailbox now.. and YES, The James Deans must be there for me, whichever category's appropriate, that's a given. Save Moe!

Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

My ballot's here! ..though not one for my husband, who was registered attendee last year. So, we'll see if one comes for him, or not.

Special service category is cool addition.. thinking of both Sarah AND Ali K.. and, um, individuals whose surname starts with J...

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

I'm not listing everyone I voted for, but let's just say Reed has at least two nominations from Milwaukee

Anonymous said...

Can a Paperback Original, such as The James Deans, also be nominated in the best novel category, and/or best first novel (if it was a first, that is?) Are any Anthony categories strictly for hardback editions?

I've never understood, nor do I know exactly, the rules governing these categories, have never seen them in writing. I do believe that the nominated books have to be published the prior year - in this case, 2005. Right?

Could someone enlighten us please as to the specifics? Thanks a bunch..

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

You can nominate a PBO in best novel, but the chances of it making the final cut are slim.

On the other hand, if everybody put THE JAMES DEANS in for both....

Redd will be buying the drinks!